Welcome to the Revolution

Hi there, welcome to my blog - La Revolution Deux. It's an odd name - but I like it! Here you will find all the info on my various DIY Guitar effects builds, amplifiers and guitars. Everything from a humble Ibanez tubescreamer to the holiest KLON Overdrive.

You may also find a few effects builds that I am looking to move on - usually in exchange for other effects/gear/cash. You can always check my ebay account to see what I've got up for grabs.

Have fun, enjoy the blog - Fred Briggs :-)

CONTACT ME



Feel free to get in contact with me about anything you see on this blog or with any general questions about guitars, amplifiers and effects, I'll be happy to answer! Just click the button above to email me directly or alternately my email address is fredbriggs2007 [at] googlemail [dot] com

Search This Blog

Monday 9 January 2012

Wampler - Plexi-Drive


Brian of Wampler effects builds some great sounding dirt boxes. This one, as you can probably guess via the name, is supposed to emulate that much loved Marshall Plexi tone. It sounds pretty nice too:


The guys over at freestompboxes.org had a little look at what goes inside one, find the schematic here (and some useful input from Brian himself!);



Vero by Harald Sabro (www.sabrotone.com) -


More build info in the thread: http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11641

3 comments:

  1. Anything on the BK Butler Tube Driver and or Coyote amp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Built this in a a dual build:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img842/3030/k2sf.jpg
    I had to replace the drain resistors with trimpots, so I could bias the fets properly.
    I later found another layout with an input cap and a dropdown resistor to prevent popping, but I seem to be ok with popping so far with that original version... I have only tested it on a smaller amp, though, to check it was working OK. Hope I won't get a pop when I use it at higher volumes with my band.
    Also, I used 2 on/off/on DPDTs, and mounted 2 bass caps offboard instead of one onboard. I mounted a 2n2 and a 1n5 on the lime side, that I use with softer gain settings, and a 1n5 and a 1n on the lemon side, that I use with higher gain settings. This allows me to switch from no bass to mellow bass or more present bass on both channels, with more bass available on the softer gain side. :)
    Thanks for the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi..do you have the diagram for the Wampler plexi drive deluxe?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome on Revolution Deux. However, please do not spam links to unrelated sites - these comments will be removed! Thanks - Briggs.